All Levels, for those wanting to review the item OR for those learning for the first time. All students taking this course should have previously learned Mangalacharan choreography.
Course Length & Access:
30 days – 1 month access
Pre-recorded classes and practice videos
Guru Vandana ~ Hari OM
This course is for Technique Review
Choreographed by: Guru Ratikant Mohapatra, ‘Hari OM’ is based on the sanskrit shloka in praise of Guru and the Trimurti (Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva). It is set in Ekotali (4 count rhythm) and is considered a beginning Abhinaya.
This online course is designed to: support students’ learning and self practice with reference materials. This is a beginning level choreography which includes many techniques that repeat throughout the odissi style. The course is designed for those who are new to this item and those who previously learned and would like to polish their technique and feel re-inspired to dance their best!
The course content includes: pre-recorded videos which impart the steps and structure of the choreography to use as reference material for self practice.
This course does not include music file. Please email us if you would like to purchase.
Materials and Study Aids Included:
- Lecture on theoretical aspects of the dance and music
- Unique ‘Stepping Practice’ series of 13 practices that relate to techniques found in this choreography. Breakdown video explains the steps in detail while the Run through is for your regular practice to develop precision and stamina in the steps.
- 5 Choreography breakdown sections
- Run through videos to practice sections together
- Full Run through slowly without music
- Full Run through with music
- Quiz at the end to assess your learning progress
Suggested Study Schedule:
Focus on 2 sections of the choreography per week.
Please contact us if you are interested in renting this course.
We will approve you for this course ONLY if you have previously learned Hari Om item.