PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM TO APPLY FOR SHAKTI SUMMER SCHOOL
Colleena has crafted Shakti Summer School to establish a solid base of technique for students through training in both Odissi Classical Indian Dance and Indian Fusion Dance. It is a holistic and rigorous training designed to both celebrate culture and explore the potential for thoughtful innovation. In this program we will both uphold tradition, and embrace the spirit of exploration in dance.
Shakti School of Dance is a home for truth seekers, lovers of ancient culture and those dedicated to embodying wisdom through artistic excellence. We are a center for the preservation and celebration of cultural heritage, as it relates to art as a path to spiritual liberation. Our vision is to live in beauty everyday through devotional art in India, and around-the-world.
Our deepest wish for the student is to be open to receive grace through the blessings of the Guru through their own heartfelt devotion. We are dedicated to upholding our Odissi dance lineage in the unbroken lineage of Padma Vibhushan Guru Kelucharan Mohapatra.
Ours is a deeply fulfilling path, which requires dedication and sacrifice. We are dedicated to hard work in pursuit of great art.
Tips for successfully completing this form:
- Please make sure you are using an updated web browser to fill out this Application.
- Copy and Save all data
- If you do not receive a confirmation email from us within 2 days of completing of your application, it means we have not received it.
- Please include a recent passport type photo of yourself. Photo should be clear and a close up of the face from shoulders up.
- Acceptance to this program is based on prior experience in trainings at SSD or with Colleena, as well as your responses in this application form.
- If English is not your first language, you may still apply. Responses should be in English.
- We require a recommendation letter for all new applicants. Only students who have been accepted previously and attended SSD will be exempt from this requirement.
- A note about items/choreographies: we ask that you provide all of the information regarding the items you have learned. We uphold the Odissi tradition of sharing items with students only if they have been approved by their teacher / guru.